Intermodal transport, otherwise known as combined, are now the most dynamically growing transport sector. Involves the use of several different modes of transport (for example combination of rail and road transport) by using only one cargo unit like container.
Doris Trans Ltd offers intermodal solution using rail transport on a long stretch of the supply chain and the road transport only for a short, final stage of delivery - to the customer's door.
Intermodal transport guarantees:
- reduction of the transport process' global cost
- ensure the rapid and timely cargo delivery
- reduction of goods damage risk
- increasing the capacity of a single transport of larger batch
- concern of the environment